Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Fresh Starts Begin Now

Last year I decided I was opposed to New Year's Resolutions. Why do I have to wait until January to begin again and to implement my goals? What if I wanted to implement them at June 27 at 3:25 pm? Wasn't that as good (or as arbitrary) a time as any to begin another attempt to change? Yes, I decided, I could set goals whenever I wanted. I did set some goals I wanted to implement for 2014, but I purposefully started the last two weeks of December to get a "running start" on them. It worked for me.

I think that the New Year can be a great chance for people to begin anew, but it certainly is not the only opportunity. For some, August and the new school year is a fresh start. For others, it is July 1 or whenever the start of the new fiscal year is for their organization. Mondays are the start to a new week and new goals. Every day, every hour, and every minute is the perfect opportunity to begin again. For me, April is a time of contemplation, as it marks the anniversary of when I finished my missionary service. I take time to review what I have accomplished and who I have become in the time since my service. I also make note of "course corrections" or changes I need to make in the upcoming year.

When is your fresh start? When do you like to begin anew?

No comments:

Post a Comment